Thursday, September 27, 2012

Teach Me Something Thursday: Ikat Patterned Nails

My friend Michele from shortgirllongisland has a fun feature on her blog called "Teach Me Something Thursday".  
She had asked me a few weeks ago if I'd like to do a special nail art tutorial exclusively for her blog, and of course I was more than happy to oblige! 
I did ikat patterned nail art, which is a lot of fun and pretty easy to do.
Ikats are patterned textiles and fabrics produced by tying and resist-dying threads before weaving, similar in process to tie-dying.

**For the full tutorial, check out Michele's feature Teach Me Something Thursday: Volume Four **


There was a bit of a glare indoors so I ventured outside to get another photo :)

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I really have GOT to grow my nails out so I can do cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works on short nails too! I'd love to see your designs!

      Delete

Questions, comments & suggestions are ALWAYS appreciated!
Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I'll do my best to visit asap :)

*Please do not ask me if we can follow each other and then never follow back, it's very mean :( Thanks!*